Draft Minutes Late November Meeting 2020

CALLOW & HAYWOOD GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Callow & Haywood Parish Council held via Zoom on Monday 30th November 2020 from 7.00 pm

 

      Present:

              Cllr. Tony Priddle (TP) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Peter Clegg (PC);Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr. Oliver Price (OP), Cllr. Steve Williams (SW), Neil Barrington (NB)

 

      In attendance:

Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover and 1 member of the public – Angie Gibbs

Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson. (CB)

 

The meeting started at 7.02pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

 

No issues were raised by members of the public.

 

  Actions
1.

 

Apologies for absence:   

None.

 

 

2. Declarations of Interest

None declared .

 
3. Election of vice chair

TP proposed SS as the Vice Chair, SW seconded this proposal and all other cllrs were in support of his election.

Cllr Sharp accepted the position of Vice Chair.

 

 

 

4. To Adopt Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on 3rd  November 2020 via Zoom

The minutes of the meeting were agreed as a true and correct record of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting. All agreed.

Minutes will be signed when there is a physical meeting of the Parish Council.

Clerk to forward Network Rail area manager contact to TP.

 

5. Action points from previous meetings: all addressed on the agenda.

The Chair welcomed new Councillor Neil Barrington.

 
6. To Receive Reports from:

Ward Councillor:

Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson commented on the road development cabinet report. This will go to Cabinet Scrutiny Committee on 9 Nov 2020.

 

Highways England representative has changed, she has raised the flooding opposite the garages as a pressing issue.

 

She has escalated the TRO’s and has now taken them to John Harrington.

 

Fownhope Rd will reopen Feb 2021.

 

HC has applied for £21million for regeneration of the City centre.

 

Riperion ownership was being looked at by Balfour Beatty, they will be pushing in 2021 to get landowners to take on their responsibilities in this area.

 

CB had offered to get the enforcement officer to attend a PC meeting which was arranged for later this week.

PCSO:

Golden Valley Bulletins had been circulated as received.

 

Locality Steward:

Bulletins had been circulated with updates of works undertaken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7. Planning Matters  – PC had submitted a report on all of the items below.

 7.1) 203356: Prospect House, Much Dewchurch –

It was suggested that the Parish Council did not wish to make a comment on this.

_______________________________________________________________

7.2) Reconsultation for 193042: Land North and South of

PC felt that the previous representation still stood.

______________________________________________________________

7.3) To discuss any matters relating to planning at The Old Mushroom Farm.

The on going issues here have been flagged with enforcement.  We will bring this up at the imminent meeting with enforcement.

________________________________________________________________

Consent for Merry Cottage: Neighbours are complaining about the noise that the nursery is generating.

 

7.4) Government white paper on planning:

Submission was made on behalf of the Parish Council.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8. Finance and policies

8.1)  To note bank balances

The account balance on 05.11.20 stood at                          £11,916.61

 

8.2) Monies received:                None

8.3)  To resolve to accept payments, as per listing

Mrs S Glover  (salary paid in accordance with contract)             £ 213.84

Clerks expenses                                                                                        £    20.19

HMRC (tax)                                                                                                 £ 142.60

Callow Village Hall (Room Hire)                                                          £ 270.00

 

SS proposed that these payments should be made, seconded by SW.  All present were in agreement

 

8.4) Precept setting discussion

Predicted expenditure of approx. £6,000 with a precept of £7,500 which will give us some extra funds for speeding and traffic consultants.

Propose precept stays the same as last year at £7,500  : SS

Seconded: TP      All cllrs were in favour of this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk to

 submit

Precept

request

9. Speeding in the parish:  To receive an update and including Herefordshire Council negotiation on rat running and speeding etc.

Bruce Bamber has been trying to push forward on getting the TRO’s in place, Mairead Lane will come back to the Parish Council in early December.

Angie Gibbs was thanked for her work pushing the danger on the roads, TP asked for anyone seeing dangerous driving to report it to the PC, the police  and John Harrington.

 

 
10. Defibrillator for the Parish, and Covid 19

The need for a defib was looked at by PC and OP – they said that a defib and temperature controlled cabinet would cost approx. £1,400.  PC suggested that one should be based at the Village Hall site, and perhaps at the park.  PC is asking if Dewsall Court has one based at their hotel already.

PC put it to the Parish Council  that they needed to make up their own minds as to whether or not they wanted this to go ahead.

Proposed to put one defib in the parishes: with a working group looking at the best location to position it:  SW to work with PC and OP on this.

 

Covid 19: NB had been asked to look into ensuring that all vulnerable members of the Parish are aware of how to gain help in shopping, collecting medications, etc. He had looked at the ‘Neighbourhood Hub’ – this is an idea to bring communities together, to help vulnerable people to be assisted if possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SW/PC/OP

 

NB

11. Neighbourhood Plan update:

PC has a meeting at 10am with Sam Banks and her team, he will feed back at the next meeting.

 

 

 

PC

12 Munitions Issues in Grafton Lane:

The Chair asked the Ward Cllr how the parish could ensure that this sort of thing did not happen again.  She said that it was an MOD led exercise and was a one off event. Nothing was blown up and no explosives were found, but she will endeavour to ensure that we are consulted should any thing like this happen again.

 

 

 

 

13. Parish Roads and footpaths

13.1) To note any defects to be reported to Balfour Beatty.

Haywood Lane  – they came and filled in potholes along Haywood Lane but there are others just appearing near by.

 

13.2) To put forward work for the lengthsman: None.

 

 
14. Receive agenda items for the next meeting

Covid 19.  Security.  Defibrillators. HGV TRO.

 

 

Clerk

15. Confirmation of date of next Meeting

The next Parish Council Meeting would be held on February 2nd  from 7.00pm via Zoom.  (It was voted not to hold a January meeting.)

 

Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.05 pm              

 

 

Signed: ……………………………………………Chair                      Date……………………..