Minutes February 2021

CALLOW & HAYWOOD GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Callow & Haywood Parish Council held via Zoom on
Tuesday 2nd February 2021 from 7.00 pm

Minutes
Present:

Cllr. Tony Priddle (TP) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Peter Clegg (PC);Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr. Oliver Price (OP), Cllr. Steve Williams (SW),Cllr. Neil Barrington (NB)

In attendance:
Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover and 4 members of the public

The meeting started at 7.02pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

Comments from members of the public: thanks were passed to Cllr TP for all of his hard work and dedication to the PC over the last years. It was noted that the SLR had been turned down by Herefordshire Council, this would almost certainly mean that our lanes through the village will get busier and more dangerous. The PC were asked to look at ways to try and control the speed of traffic on our lanes. The thought was also mentioned that the Council have suggested that they may consider putting over 200 homes along Grafton Lane.

Actions
1. Apologies for absence:
Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson

2. Declarations of Interest
None declared

3. To Adopt Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on 30th November 2020 via Zoom
The minutes of the meeting were agreed as a true and correct record of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting. They will be signed when there is a physical meeting of the PC.

4. Action points from previous meetings: all addressed on the agenda.
Network rail contact has been forwarded by the clerk to TP. He will continue to strive to reach the right level of personnel to get some action.
TP to follow up

5. To Receive Reports from:
Ward Councillor:  No report submitted.

PCSO:
Golden Valley Bulletins had been circulated as received.

Locality Steward:
Bulletins had been circulated with updates of works undertaken.

6. Chairs resignation and replacement
Cllr Priddle had written to the Cllrs and clerk to express his intention to stand down as Chair at the end of today’s meeting. He proposed that he remain in the chair until the conclusion of todays meeting when a vote for a new chair could be undertaken.
This was agreed by all present.

7. Planning Matters – PC had submitted a report on all of the items below.
7.1) 204053 – Roman Byre, new entrance. TP withdrew as the friend and neighbour of the applicant, and SS left the meeting as it is his application.
It was suggested that the Parish Council that there was no problem with the application. 4 people were in favour of supporting the application

7.2) 204534 – Norton Brook Farm, Silage pit
The application does not show where the silage pit is going to be although it is close to a water course. There is also no indication of where the drainage is going to go. There was a proposal that we could not make a decision with out further information. Lack of a retention Pit.

7.2) Update on the development at Unit 4, The Old Mushroom Farm
Clerk has asked for an update from the Planning Officer who has only returned from being on leave today and has said that she is dealing with a large backlog of work.

7.3) Feedback from Planning committee meeting on 18.01.21 New House Farm, Grafton Lane.
Laser clays retrospective planning application went to committee and when it went to a vote, it was refused. There is also an appeal in for the hard standing carpark – this has also gone to the inspector.
The Chair thanked particulary cllrs and the Ward councillor for attending the ‘clays’ planning meeting and for their hard work in preparation of the excellent planning appeal submission on the ‘hard standing’ appeal.

Potential housing site in Grafton Lane:
This is part of HC’s 10 year plan. It is only a recommendation at this point but with Gamber, the National Cycle way and the nursery, it is absolutely the wrong place to consider further development.

The site at Bullinghope has been restricted to 500 if the bypass is not going ahead. This will use up all of the allocation for south of the city so it is hoped that the Grafton Lane development will not go ahead.
Haywood Lane: a parishioner had e mailed in voicing his concerns about the erosion of the verges. All Cllrs agreed that this was happening, but there seemed to be little that the PC could do at the time.
Also concerned about the splays on the woodland entrance on Knockerhill – a cllr had done his own measurements and was so concerned that the PC asked enforcement to visit the site. The PC wish to ask enforcement to revisit the site as no changes have been made to the splays at all.
It was also suggested that the PC should look at planting trees along the verges – but it was felt that this was beyond the remit of the Parish Council. It was suggested that the parishioner takes this up himself as a starting point, keeping the PC informed along the way. Alternatively it was put forward that it was up to the PC to support projects like this. OP was put forward as being the Parish tree warden, to which he agreed.

Actions: 

TP asked OP to get together with Angie Gibbs and Ashley Elliot to look at taking this forward.

Clerk to draft a response to the Planning dept.

Clerk to ask for the land to be defined and our concerns about traffic on Grafton Lane

Clerk to draft letter asking BB for idea as to how to prevent this happening.
Clerk to ask enforcement to revisit the site.

Clerk to add OP as our Tree Warden and link him up with the network

8. Finance and policies
8.1) To note bank balances
The account balance on 28.01.21 stood at £10,799.54

8.2) Monies received: None
8.3) To resolve to accept payments, as per listing
Mrs S Glover (salary paid in accordance with contract + exp) £ 630.73
Clerks expenses £ 17.60
HMRC (tax) £ 171.26

SS proposed that these payments should be made, seconded by JH. All present were in agreement

9. Speeding in the parish: To receive an update and including Herefordshire Council negotiation on rat running and speeding etc.
TP will be in touch with Bruce Bamber to look for his advice now that the SLR is no longer happening.

10. Defibrillator for the Parish,
The need for a defib was looked at by PC and OP who were in two
minds as to whether or not they wanted this to go ahead. OP said that there was a need for one in the Parish – but the location was still not clear.
OP and PC to identify where for the next meeting.

11. Vulnerable and Isolated people / Corona Virus
NB had been asked to look at this. He has been talking with Herefordshire Council who were very informative about schemes that were already a success in the county. He asked for guidance as to whether or not the Parish thought that this might be an idea that they wanted to take forward.
It was suggested that with the virus at the moment people might already have their hands full with other projects. NB will continue to monitor the situation.
Covid assistance: names for those able to assist will be sent to Talk Community rather than individuals names being put on the boards.

12 Census – March 21 / PCC Election in April
Cllrs just made aware that these 2 events were coming in the spring.

13. Parish Roads and footpaths
13.1) To note any defects to be reported to Balfour Beatty.
Water coming onto the road outside Copper Beeches coming out of Callow Village.
Problem at the Dewsall corner with water sitting on the road, and there have been 2 cars coming off the road in the last week alone.
Dewsall Lane is flooded below Farnmore, BB are about to resurface the lane, have they looked at the flood problem.
Grafton Lane, grips need to be put in, Lengthsman to meet with Cllr SW for identification.
13.2) To discuss the lengthsman project for 2021-22 and put forward work for the lengthsman.
Notice boards: clerk was authorised to spend up to £100 getting the basics done on the notice board, leaving the varnishing to the summer.

14 Neighbourhood Plan update:
PC had a virtual meeting in December 2020 with Sam Banks .

15. Receive agenda items for the next meeting
Covid 19. Security. Defibrillators. HGV TRO. Fly tipping/fencing on Haywood Lane. Notice boards.

Recruitment for new Chair:
NB was Nominated by SS Seconded by: SW
Agreed by all councillors and he accepted the role.
NB was voted on as the new Chair.

TP was thanked for his long service as a Parish Cllr. He was invited back as a ‘back bencher’ from here onwards.

Clerk to send NB the appropriate forms

16. Confirmation of date of next Meeting
The next Parish Council Meeting would be held on March 2nd from 7.00pm via Zoom.

Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

The meeting closed at 8.12 pm

Signed: ……………………………………………Chair Date……………………..