Minutes January 2022

Callow & Haywood Group
PARISH COUNCIL

Meeting on Wednesday 12th January 2022 from 7.00pm

MINUTES

Present: Cllr. Neil Barrington (NB) (Chair); Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS); Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH); Cllr Oliver Price (OP); Cllr Tony Priddle (TP); Cllr. Steve Williams (SW);

In attendance: Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover; Parishoners (5) including Scott Crowley (prospective Councillor).

The meeting started at 7.00pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

A parishioner asked what the PC were doing for the Queens Jubilee, Angie Gibbs volunteered to get a small group together to manage this. The PC encouraged her to continue doing this. The queens green canopy was also mentioned and the possibility of the parish doing some tree planting for this as well.
Both items to go onto the February agenda.
A parishioner mentioned that for over a month a chap has been parking on the old Callow hill for a couple of hours each day, no one knows who he is or why he is parking there,but he is damaging the verge and the bulbs planted there will be shooting soon. The clerk will pass this information on to the PCSO.

1.0 Apologies for absence : Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson (CB);

2.0 Declarations of Interest : TP and SS declared an interest on item 7.1. the planning application for Roman Byre.

3.0 Minutes: To approve the Minutes as a true record of the Parish Council Meeting held in November 2021.
It was agreed that the minutes were an accurate record of the meeting.

Proposed: Chair Seconded: SS

4.0 Actions from previous minutes either dealt with, or on the agenda other than:-
Contact with Network Rail; Fly tipping/fencing on Haywood Lane.
Water run off from the garages on Knockerhill has been given to the
lengthsman to look at further.
No further action had been taken in the Christmas period, clerk will renew
her contact with them.

5.0 Matters arising between meetings: Hedge cutting along Grafton Lane, by Ashley Farm. A parishioner had contacted the clerk to say that farmers all had to maintain their hedges, but those on the Council owned property, Ashley Farm, did not appear to be doing so.
Action: Clerk to contact the locality steward to ask him to look at the problem and progress it from there.

6.0 To receive reports from:
Ward Councillor; Her apologies had been sent and no report submitted.
PCSO West Mercia Police; None sent, cllrs encouraged to sign up to the local PC newsletter.
Locality Steward: None Sent apart from his weekly updates.

7.0 Planning Matters including a discussion on how the PC makes planning comments: TP suggested that the PC should use ‘support’ when the planning was inline with the NDP and had a clear community benefit. Also when there is a 100% vote in favour, ‘not opposed’ where a majority but not 100% voted in favour. ‘Objects’ if the majority vote is opposed. This was agreed by the PC and it was resolved that this would be used going forward.

7.1 To consider comments on applications to be determined by Herefordshire Council as listed below or on the Planning website prior to the meeting:-
214144 – Land at Grafton Lane, East of Glendale, Haywood; Proposed erection of detached barn, stables and two holiday lodges and service inlet building.
It was felt that the application was too vague. For holiday lets, it did not seem to be a suitable location being so close to the railway line. Also, on the planning application, there was no drainage plan and no access plan.
Recommended refusal, seconded and refusal agreed by all for the above reasons.
214270 – Land south west of Roman Byre, Haywood Lane: proposed single storey dwelling, and ancillary outbuildings. TP and SS left the meeting prior to the discussion starting.
The applicant was allowed to give a quick update to the Councillors. She thanked the Cllrs who had been out to the site to see the proposed application in situ. Reinstating the heritage orchard is the first part of the plan, they feel that the designed property will be very sympathetic to the area.
The councillors then discussed the application themselves. There was a broad feeling that there had been much information on this application which was good. Despite the agricultural look of the building, the eco aspect of the build was applauded, it was felt that it would hardly impact on the neighbouring Haywood Lodge.
Proposed Support seconded SW all were in favour.
Update on:- the chicken run at Green gables.
OP had contacted the Woodland Trust about the work in the ancient woodland behind Green Gables. He approached Natural England, the Forestry Commission and others to see what the PC could do. It was found that a lot of chestnut trees had been felled. It was mentioned that there was little more that the PC can do on the work that has already been done unless the PC take it to the Planning Department.
It was proposed that the Council inform planning enforcement about the placement of the concrete slab in ancient woodland. Seconded: NB all in favour.
Action: clerk to make the comments on the planning applications as above and to contact the enforcement team in regard to Green Gables.
SW thanked the members of the Council for the work done towards informing the planning inspector on the New House Farm inspections which went on to get one of their planning application turned down, the other was approved. This thanks was echoed by all cllrs.
7.2) Planning decisions made:
204534 – Norton Brook Farm, Grafton. Proposed silage pit. Approved
7.3) Local Plan update: There was a request to ask for an extension on this. If confirmed then SW will take it forward with JH and NB.

Action: Clerk to ask the question and then forward as above.

8. Finance and policies
8.1) To note bank balance in HSBC account as at 05.12.21: £12,464.45
8.2) To note receipts this period – None
8.3) To resolve to accept payments – as per listing although the Cllrs were made aware that for the first time HSBC had billed them for issuing cheques and for having the account. With this in mind, the council will continue moving the bank acct from HSBC to Unity Trust.
8.4) Grants to be considered: None
Action: clerk to make the payments and to progress the move to Unity Trust.

9. Feedback from training or meetings attended.
Clerk had attended ‘fun with finance’ and asked all councillors to ensure that they were using an e mail address that they alone had access to. More feedback from this training will be bought to the Feb meeting.

10. Parish Roads and Footpaths
10.1) Speeding in the Parish – Callow Village, Grafton Lane and Haywood Lane.
PCSO suggested community speed watch should be invited to the next pc meeting, clerk to chase up a visit.
Line markings at Dewsall- clerk to ask locality steward to look at these.
Better (yellow) chevrons. All as per last minutes to be chased up by clerk with the locality steward.
Actions: clerk as above

10.2)To note any defects to be reported to locality steward. As above. Also grit bins to be filled by lengthsman, salt is at Dewsall Farm.

10.3) Report from Footpaths officer.
Clerk to ask footpaths officer at the Herefordshire Council about the wooden foot bridges the FO reported last month.
Cedre Folly on Grafton Lane seems to have lots of vehicles parked there, there is a question about whether or not some one is living in the caravan parked outside. Action: Clerk to ask the PCSO to look into this further and liaise with FO.

10.4) Identify work for the lengthsman, including refilling grit bins.
Lengthsman to be asked back to complete the grips and gullies that he had yet to complete. To include the old Callow road, Dewsall Lane and Grafton Lane.

11. Defibrillator for the village – update on implementation. OP has the defibrillator and is arranging with the electrician to come to the village hall on Friday.
Action: clerk to put the info on the website, OP to put it on the facebook page along with the link to the training video. Consider putting a link to a youtube video on how to use the defib. Also add to the Wormelow Benefice newsletter.

12. Broadband discussion
Gigaclear have now run out of money and can no longer deliver their promises to get broadband to parishoners who are still awaiting high speed to the premises service. One parishioner is now a director with HCN and he told the meeting that HCN had been in discussions with Fastershire to try and be able to offer their services to any one still trying to get connected, but had not had much success to date.
It was resolved to ask the clerk to contact Fastershire to release the vouchers.
Action: Clerk

13. Vulnerable and Isolated people / Corona Virus
No contacts have come in with this. A discussion around how to get people engaged in this ensued. It was felt that it was about ‘good neighbourly’ processes, getting to know the people around us.
Action: clerk to put up some thing on the website telling people that the PC are here if they know of anyone who needs assistance.

14. Co-option of new councillor
Scott Crowley was at the meeting, he had expressed an interest in becoming a cllr and had supplied a paragraph about himself and what he felt he could bring to the PC. He was invited to ask any questions that he had having attended the meeting so far.
It was moved that he be co-opted as a parish Councillor for Haywood (TP) Seconded (SW) all were in favour.
Action: Paperwork will be completed after the meeting and submitted to the electoral services offices.

15. Matters to be raised on the Agenda of the next Meeting
Farm off Grafton Lane; Kevin Bishop on New House Farm; Queens Jubilee; Queens Green Canopy;

16. Confirmation of date of next Parish Council Meeting
Tuesday February 1st at 7pm.

 

Signed:__________________________ Date: ______________

Future meeting dates:-

In 2022

Tuesday Feb 1st 7.00pm
Tuesday March 1st 7.00pm
Tuesday April 5th 7.00pm
Annual Meeting Tuesday May 3rd 7.00pm
Tuesday June 7th 7.00pm