Minutes July 2021

Callow & Haywood Group
PARISH COUNCIL

Meeting on Tuesday 13th July 2021 from 7.00pm

DRAFT MINUTES

Present: Cllr. Neil Barrington (NB) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr Tony Priddle (TP).

In attendance: Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson (CB); 1 member of the public

The meeting started at 7.01pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak
No comments were made.

Actions
1. Apologies for absence – Cllrs. Steve Williams (SW), Ollie Price (OP)

2. Declarations of Interest : None declared.

3. Minutes: To approve the Minutes as a true record of the Parish Council Meeting held in May 2021

Proposed: JH Seconded: TP

4. Actions from previous minutes either dealt with, or on the agenda other than:-
Contact with Network Rail; Fly tipping/fencing on Haywood Lane. Manager has been contacted and Network Rail agree that the bridge does hit the key ‘danger’ rating for them and this means that they will be improving the fencing over the railway bridge. They were unable to give a time frame for this.
Action: Clerk to add to next agenda and in 2 weeks will follow up.

5. Matters arising between meetings: 2 issues have been raised by a parishioner by e mail. The first being the problem with microlites ‘buzzing’ her and her horses on a regular basis.
CB has contacted all 3 microlite clubs near to Callow, so that the club that they come from can be identified. Photos of the aircraft are needed to do this. CB is acting as liaison on this matter.
The second problem was the noise generated from Dewsall Court when they have events there. CB informed the meeting that Environmental Health are now dealing with this. JH told the meeting that there had been a big presence on FB from Dewsall prior to their reopening, keeping villagers informed of what was going on and their time frame. There had generally been a very positive feeling about their approach to reopening.
Action: NB to visit the parishioner to talk through the pc’s findings.

6. To receive reports from:
6.1 Ward Councillor: Had circulated her report to cllrs. Key points raised were: We have 44/100,000 covid cases in Herefordshire – high but no where nearly as high as the English average.
£6million economic investment has been committed for covid recovery.

6.2 PCSO: No report sent.

6.3 Locality Steward: Sends reports weekly by e mail

7. Planning Matters –
211933 – Land West of Grafton Lane – proposed self build dwelling, detached garage and new access.
Comment:JH declared an interest and did not participate.
It was felt that the building was in no way in keeping with other properties in the area. It was clearly not on ‘infill’ land despite having been sectioned off from the rest of the field. It will also add traffic to Grafton Lane, which is already causing problems.
It was moved to oppose this application on the above grounds.
Drainage report seems to be missing, there is no filtration and Percolation report.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
212196 – Twyford Brook Barn, Twyford – Proposed single storey rear extension (orangery).
Comment: PC supports the application.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
211337 – The apple pad, The Old Mushroom Farm
Retrospective application: this does not comply with planning regulations. Why was the original application not submitted before the work was done, is this in an attempt to by pass the usual planning regulations. We don’t believe that this method of gaining planning permission should be encouraged.

New House Farm, Grafton Lane; Update later on the agenda.

Planning decisions made:

Knockerhill woods application was signed off as being completed.

Strategic Housing provision: There was a feeling that we had already exceed our minimum, so there was no feeling for needing any additional housing in our parishes.

Action: Clerk to prepare and circulate a response before submitting it to planning.

Action: Clerk to submit comment.

Clerk to prepare and circulate a response before submitting it to planning.

Action: Clerk to submit comment.

8. Finance and policies
8.1  To note bank balance in HSBC account at 05.06.21: £11,627.70
8.2  To note receipts this period – First half of precept £3,750.00
8.3 To resolve to accept payments – Clerks salary and expenses; HMRC PAYE; Eyelid productions, £100; Parish Online subs, £30; T Griffiths PROW inv, £144 and Roads inv, £108.

It was resolved to make the above payments.

Proposed: NB Seconded: SS
All were in favour.

Action: Clerk to make the payments

9. Feedback from training or meetings attended.
9.1 Feed back from the Councillors meeting with Kevin Bishop (KB)
SS told the meeting about this. He put to the PC some further questions for KB to consider. The Cllrs were all in agreement for these to be sent to him. There was a feeling that this was another example of people not following the planning process, it is not the correct way to proceed.

Action: SS to note his comments and copy to the clerk who will put these additional points to KB.

9.2 Feedback from Parish Council Summit – slides from the meeting to be circulated to all councillors. NB and the Clerk attended. NB explained that there is a huge amount of S106 monies being held by HC. Many parishes voiced concerns that they were struggling to pull down their S106 monies. CB has access to a link that shows where there is S106 money for each parish.

9.3 Feedback from any other meetings or training attended.
Clerk and CB had attended a Balfour Beatty update. The TRO for Yellow lines on Knockerhill will hopefully be actioned this financial year.

 

10. Parish Roads and Footpaths
10.1  Jobs for the lengthsman: To note any defects and these should be reported to the clerk to pass on to the locality steward. Top of Knockerhill, where the road meets Haywood Lane the white lines need re instating.
TP bought up the idea of road calming solutions perhaps with a working group being formed.

Action: Clerk to add to next agenda.

10.2  Report from Footpaths officer . Keeps getting complaints about GF3 from the Travel Lodge to Grafton Lane. There is a tree down that the farmer needs to remove.
JH was thanked for her enthusiasm to walk the parish paths.

Action: Clerk to approach the land owner.

11. Rural rail and bus consultation:
The PC was minded to give this their full support.

Action: Clerk to make a favourable response.

12. Police and crime commissioner consultation:
Form was completed.
13. Defibrillator for the village – Update on requirement needs to be moved to the next meeting. NB will join OP in identifying sites and machines.
Action : NB and OP to follow up.

14. Vulnerable and Isolated people
NB is the contact and has not been contacted by any one. He will look into getting some thing on the Parishes Facebook pages.

Action: NB to follow up.

15. Corona Virus
Nothing further to add to this.

16. Neighbourhood Plan update
Item to be removed from the agenda for now.

17. Matters to be raised on the Agenda of the next Meeting: –
Speeding traffic.

16. Confirmation of date of next Parish Council Meeting:-
The next meetings will be on Tuesday September 7th at 7pm

Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

Meeting closed at 20.45

Signed: _____________________________ Date: _______________

Future meetings:-

Tuesday Sept 7th 7.00pm
Tuesday Oct 5th 7.00pm
Tuesday Nov 2nd 7.00pm
Tuesday Dec 7th 7.00pm