Minutes March 2021

Callow & Haywood Group
PARISH COUNCIL

Meeting on Tuesday 2nd March 2021 from 7.00pm

MINUTES

Present: Cllr. Neil Barrington (NB) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr. Oliver Price (OP), Cllr. Steve Williams (SW), Cllr. Peter Clegg (PC) joined at 7.15pm

In attendance: Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover and 2 members of the public

The meeting started at 7.01pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

No comments raised.

1. Apologies for absence Cllr. Tony Priddle (TP) Christy Bolderson.

2. Declarations of Interest
None raised.

3. Minutes To approve the Minutes as a true record of the Parish Council Meeting held, via Zoom, on 2nd February 2021
They were judged to be accurate and a true record of the meeting.

Proposed: Chair Seconded: SW

4. Actions from previous minutes either dealt with, or on the agenda.

5. Matters arising between meetings: Possibility of arson attacks in the parish. This was raised on Facebook, but on checking with the police the clerk confirmed that there have only been 3 attacks over the last 3 years. Verge destruction on Haywood Lane. OP met with Ashley Elliot and Angie Gibbs to look at planting trees along the verges. OP felt that the road edges needed fixing as a priority, also that thick white lines are put along the edges of the road to clearly delineate the width of the road. S96 of Highways Act says that trees need to be at least 2 meters from the edge of the road.
Action: clerk to arrange a meeting with the locality steward and OP and SW
Pot holes on Grafton Lane – they were filled in on 29th January and 2 days later they had re appeared.
Action: Clerk to contact BB to get them to revisit, this will be raised with the locality steward when we meet him in the parish.

6. To receive reports from:
Ward Councillor (apologies sent): No report sent.
PCSO West Mercia Police: No report sent but the Golden Valley police report was circulated.
Locality Steward: Reports sent weekly.

7. Planning Matters To consider applications:
7.1) None to date

7.2) Update on: Development at the Old Mushroom Farm
Nothing further to report

8. Finance and policies
8.1) To note bank balance in HSBC account as at 05.02.21: £10,799.54

8.2) To note receipts this period – none

8.3) To resolve to accept payments –
Clerks Salary, Clerks Expenses (£8.60), HALC Subs (£438.76).

Proposer: SS Second: NB

It was resolved to make all of the payments above.

9. Speeding in the Parish
To receive any update and including
• Herefordshire Council negotiations on rat running and speeding etc.
The TRO on Haywood Lane is ready to be served, but the consultation can not start until the Covid restrictions are lifted.
The Councillors were pleased to report that a police speed camera was seen along Haywood Lane this month.
Traffic calming was discussed through Callow village, one way through the village, village gate ways – all of these were ideas that have been put to BB/the police previously, but TP was looking into all of these with Bruce Bamber.
It was suggested that a Police Ambassador did not exist in Hereford, and the SW was asked to put together a letter to send to John Campion – the PCC asking for him to look at speeding problems through Callow village.
Action: SW to draft the letter, forward to the clerk to send on to the PCC.

10. Defibrillator for the village
Update on requirement. This was moved to the next agenda.

11. Vulnerable and Isolated people
The Chair has been looking at this, the notice boards need to be updated from TP’s name and contact details to NB’s.
Action: Clerk to update

12. Corona Virus
As above.

13. Parish Roads and Footpaths
13.1) To note any defects to be reported to Balfour Beatty.
As discussed above. Also, Dewsall Lane is currently being resurfaced, some of the culverts are falling apart but this is a different department and the resurfacing team could not wait any longer so they are doing their job, then when the culvert team come to do their bit, they will have to dig up the lane again if necessary.
John Harrington has stated that he is hoping to link the A49 to the A465 perhaps using Tram Inn Lane, this would logically then link via Knockerhill so SS suggested that John is invited to attend a meeting to discuss this. The working group on this would be SS, TP, SW, Christy B and Angie Gibbs.
Action: SS to liaise with the clerk to arrange the meeting.

13.2) HGV TRO through the parish.
Will continue when Covid restrictions have lifted a little.

13.3) Report from Footpaths officer
JH reported that there were some forgotten paths: these footpaths have been missed off the definitive maps, there are now a couple of years when PC’s can report them and get them listed. JH is working on identifying these at the moment.

14. Neighbourhood Plan update
Still waiting for the Council’s updated Core Strategy. Until these figures are in, it was resolved that there is little point in C & H GPC updating their plan.

15. Matters to be raised on the Agenda of the next MeetingPotholes, defib, traffic calming, Tram Inn Lane.

16. Confirmation of date of next Ordinary Meeting
The next meeting will be on Tuesday 6th April 2021 from 7.00pm on the ZOOM platform, unless advised otherwise.

Signed: _____________________________ Date: _______________

Future meetings:-

Annual Meeting and Parish Council meeting Tuesday May 4th 7.00pm
Tuesday June 1st 7.00pm
Tuesday July 6th 7.00pm
Tuesday Sept 7th 7.00pm
Tuesday Oct 5th 7.00pm
Tuesday Nov 2nd 7.00pm
Tuesday Dec 7th 7.00pm