Minutes November 2020

CALLOW & HAYWOOD GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Draft Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Callow & Haywood Parish Council held via Zoom on Tuesday 3rd November 2020 from 7.00 pm

Present:  Cllr. Tony Priddle (TP) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr. Oliver Price (OP), Cllr. Steve Williams (SW),

In attendance:
Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover and members of the public, including 2 prospective councillors, Jonathan Powell and Neil Barrington.
Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson. (CB)

The meeting started at 7pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

No issues were raised by members of the public.

Minutes
1.0   Apologies for absence:
Cllr. Peter Clegg (PC);

2.0 Declarations of Interest
None declared

3.0 Co-option of councillors
There is one outstanding position for a Callow Cllr, two people had expressed an interest in becoming a Parish Councillor, and their statements had been circulated around the existing cllrs. At the end of the meeting, a vote will be held to see who will be offered the position.

4.0 To Adopt Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held in October 2020 via Zoom
The minutes of the meeting were signed as a true and correct record of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on the 6th October 2020, via Zoom. All agreed.

5.0 Action points from previous meetings
– TP has talked with Network Rail about the fencing over the railway bridge. Personnel changes at Network Rail have meant that there has not been any progress on this.
– Working party on the government white paper on Planning. He and two other cllrs submitted a response for this and clerk will put this on to the website.
– Traffic; TP has been talking with Bruce Bamber about moving this along, BB has been trying to talk with Miread Lane – she is back from holidays this week, so it is hoped that we will progress with this. TP asked cllrs to pass on complaints/objections about traffic management on our lanes to John Harrington, et al so that they realise how concerned we are about this.
– A49/Knockerhill junction; dangers at the junction were put to the police. They have offered to meet with TP and now SW to have this meeting.

Action: Clerk to action

6.0 To Receive Reports from:
Ward Councillor:
Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson had circulated her report this afternoon. She has been working on understanding the Transport Strategy Review.
CB mentioned the NDP review support that was being offered by Sam Banks – CHGPC had not been in contact with her yet.
Covid 19 update: Herefordshire has been lightly touched as yet.
Our localities steward is judged against the tasks that he receives through the website. If we go directly to him, those jobs don’t register to his bosses so the PC was asked to always direct jobs raised for him by email.

JH asked about the outstanding questions with Gamber, CB will chase them up and will get back to JH tomorrow. She was particularly concerned about the night traffic which is certainly travelling between the hours of 8pm to 8am – when they are not meant to be working.
SS asked her about the cartridge business (and in fact the Christmas business there) that they should not be selling any thing on a Sunday, when cartridges are most certainly being sold. CB will look into this as well.
CB offered to get the enforcement officer to attend the December PC meeting which the PC were keen to take up.

PCSO:
Golden Valley Bulletins had been circulated as received.

Locality Steward:
Bulletins had been circulated with updates of works undertaken.

Action: Clerk to ask PC to contact her.

CB to invite the EO to Dec meeting.
7.0 Finance and policies
7.1) To note bank balances
The account balance on 05.10.20 stood at £12,541.52

7.2) Monies received: 2nd half of the precept £3,750
7.3) To resolve to accept payments, as per listing
Mrs S Glover (salary paid in accordance with contract) £ 249.64
Clerks expenses £ 14.00
HMRC (tax) £ 106.80

£100 was agreed to be paid to Belmont Country Park as we paid last year.

SS proposed that these payments should be made, seconded by JH. All present were in agreement

7.4) Precept setting discussion – deferred until Dec meeting.

8.0 Planning Matters –
8.1) 203321 – Motorline, Callow – various signs and facia.
It was suggested that the Parish Council did not have an objection to this application.
_______________________________________________________________
8.2) 203171 – Graftonbury Mews, Grafton Lane – variation of condition.
This is to build one further apartment, the PC was concerned that the proposed balcony might overlook the neighbouring houses. They were also concerned about the increase in traffic on Grafton Lane, which is already congested and dangerous.
______________________________________________________________
8.3) 203356 – Prospect House, Much Dewchurch. First floor extension and reroofing existing single side storey extension.
It was resolved not to submit a response to this application.

_______________________________________________________________
8.4) Reconsultation for 193042: Land North and South of
SW was concerned about where the waste would be sent to? With the railway line where it is they will need to resolve this issue.
______________________________________________________________
8.5) To discuss any matters relating to planning at The Old Mushroom Farm.
The outstanding issue on unit 4a needs to be chased, Rebecca Jenman is the planning officer there.
________________________________________________________________
TP asked SW if he would assist PC with the planning element of the PC meetings – he was happy to do so.

9.0 Speeding in the parish
Covered earlier in the meeting. JH will forward Nichola Butler’s e mail to TP so that he can talk directly with her about these issues.

10.0 Defibrillator for the Parish
Deferred to December meeting.

11.0 Parish Roads and footpaths
11.1) To put forward defects for Balfour Beatty

11.2) To put forward work for the lengthsman
TG needs to be pushed to complete the work that JH had previously identified.

Action: Clerk to contact Terry G
At this point the prospective cllrs were thanked for their attendance and were asked to leave the meeting along with members of the public.
The Chair asked for a vote to take place to select one of the two candidates. This was done and the result was:
Redacted
It was resolved to appoint Neil as the Parish Councillor for Callow.
Action: Clerk to inform them and to complete the necessary paper work.

12.0 Receive agenda items for the next meeting
Covid 19; notice boards – TP asked if the numbers still on them? CB had a possible carpenter to fix the notice boards she will pass this on to the clerk. Physical activities survey. Appointment of vice chair.

13.0 Confirmation of date of next Meeting
The next Parish Council Meeting would be held on Tuesday 1st December 2020 from 7.00pm via Zoom.
Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm

Signed: ……………………………………………Chair Date……………………..