Minutes November 2021

Callow & Haywood Group
PARISH COUNCIL

Meeting on Tuesday 2nd November 2021 from 7.00pm

MINUTES

Present: Cllr. Neil Barrington (NB) (Chair), Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS), Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH), Cllr. Steve Williams (SW), Cllr Oliver Price (OP)

In attendance: Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson (CB); 6 members of the Parishes

The meeting started at 7.01pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak
One parishioner talked about the benefits some of our Parishes have by having super fast broadband to the premises. She indicated that the provider for South Herefordshire, Gigaclear, are now reviewing their provision, this might mean that it could be another 2 years before the broadband might arrive. New applicants to join the superfast broadband scheme no longer have the vouchers that made their joining free. She suggested that a paper prepared by David Bland would be available for any one who wanted to see it.

Actions
1. Apologies for absence – Cllr Tony Priddle (TP).

2. Declarations of Interest
None declared.
3. Minutes: To approve the Minutes as a true record of the Parish Council Meeting held in October 2021
Proposed:NB Seconded: SS

4. Actions from previous minutes either dealt with, or on the agenda other than:-
Contact with Network Rail; Fly tipping/fencing on Haywood Lane: Despite being put in contact with a new manager, there has been no further progress with this agenda item.

5. Matters arising between meetings:
Another car went through the hedge at the Dewsall turning. Clerk to ask Locality Steward to look at the area and make any suggestions to improve safety.

6. To receive reports from:
Ward Councillor: Report will be circulated after the meeting.
A motion has been passed to create a new conservation area in the county.
Cabinet approved the Children and family improvement plan.
Council are working on the COP26 agenda.
Covid: we now are at 457 per 100,000 of the population. 79% of Herefordians have had both vaccines.

PCSO: No report sent, but advice can be found through the web link.

Locality Steward: Sends reports weekly by e mail.

7 Planning Matters –
7.1 Planning applications:

     213746: Land adjoining The Nest, Twyford Common: Erection of 1 dwelling and garage. Construction of new vehicular access.

SW proposed to refuse the application seconded JW All were in favour: The PC feel that this application is flawed in a number of ways, it goes against the Callow and Haywood NDP – not being adjacent to any other dwelling. The site is not sustainable having no pub, shop, Dr, bus provision necessitating using a car for any activity. The access also seems to be very problematic, with no access being available from either way. The applicant has not been in contact with any of the neighbours to gauge their feelings and it would seem that scant regard has been given to their properties. Sewage and foul water run off……
_______________________________________________________________

213714: The Firs, Green Crize: Proposed detached garage and new relocation of driveway.
No Comment.
__________________________________________________
213783: The White House, Green Crize: Proposed detached garage and workshop.
No Comment.
__________________________________________________

Action: Clerk to submit comments

7.2   Planning decisions made: None

7.3   Local Plan update: Request the 2 designations for RA2 in our parishes to be revisited. The PC feels that Twyford Common should be redesignated, it doesn’t have any facilities at all and any building done there should be seen as unsustainable.

It was suggested that we have an open event where parishoners could come and bring their own views. It was suggested to have an open event with Saturday 11th December 10am to 12 proposed.

Action: JH to draw up the flyer.

OP JH and SW to form a working group to look at this.

8.  Finance and policies
8.1  To note bank balance in HSBC account at 04.10.21: £7,094.16
8.2  To note receipts this period – None.
8.3  To resolve to accept payments – Clerks salary and expenses HMRC PAYE; London Heart – defibrillator and cabinet; £1,407

It was resolved to make the above payments.

Proposed:NB Seconded: SS4

8.4  Precept setting: It was proposed to increase the precept by 4% bringing it up to £7,800 but still awaiting HALC subs information so not to submit until after the December meeting.

Proposed NB Seconded SW

All were in favour.

8.5   Changing banks:
The clerk had submitted a paper to the PC suggesting moving from HSBC to Untiy trust bank as HSBC are about to implement charges for using their services.
The finance committee had met to discuss this and they put the proposal to the PC. NB, SS and JH to be signatories
Seconded; SW
All were in favour.

Action: Clerk to action the Paperwork to start the change of bank.

9.  Feedback from training or meetings attended.
Nothing to report.

10  Parish Roads and Footpaths

10.1  To discuss speeding in the parish: Haywood Lane, Callow Village, Grafton Lane and Twyford

TP was not present to feed back on the working party developments, but he had informed the clerk that they were still working hard to have a meaningful report for the December meeting.

S106 monies for Grafton have been spent on the Belmont football team for young people. CB is looking at what is left for us to use in Grafton.

Another car has gone through the hedge at the Dewsall, there was a discussion as to what the PC could actually do to prevent more accidents there.

Action: Locality steward to be asked to look and for his suggestions.

10.2 To note any defects to be reported to the locality steward.

Extending the white lines along Haywood Lane – what will the cost be. Proposed: SW Seconded: SS All were in favour.

Action: Clerk to ask BB for a price.

10.3 Report from Footpaths officer .
One of the most used foot paths in the Parish is the one from Grafton to the Travel lodge- it was hoped that S106 funds could be used to improve this, perhaps replacing styles with kissing gates etc.

10.4  Identify work for the lengthsman. Remind TG to knock on SW’s door to look at the grips and gullies across the parish. Clerk to contact Lengthsman to remind him of this.

11. Defibrillator for the village – Update on requirement : the invoice had been submitted and the defib will be ordered asap. Clerk to order

12. Vulnerable and Isolated people
NB has had no contact from any one on this subject.

13. Corona Virus
Nothing further to add to this, just that the figures in Hereford are worryingly high.

14. Co-option of a new Councillor
Action: Clerk will put posters out on the boards publicising the vacancy.

15. Matters to be raised on the Agenda of the next Meeting: –
Consultation on the planning document.

16. Confirmation of date of next Parish Council Meeting:-
The next meetings will be on Tuesday December 7th at 7pm at
Callow Village hall.

Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

Meeting closed at 20.20

Signed: _____________________________ Date: _______________

Future meetings:-

Tuesday Dec 7th 7.00pm
2021 Tuesday Jan 7th 7.00pm
Tuesday Feb 1st 7.00pm
Tuesday March 1st 7.00pm