Minutes October 2020

           CALLOW & HAYWOOD GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Callow & Haywood Parish Council held via Zoom on Tuesday 6th October 2020 from 7.00 pm

 

      Present:

 Cllr. Tony Priddle (TP) (Chair)

Cllr. Sandy Sharp (SS)

Cllr. Jules Hardy (JH)

Cllr. Oliver Price (OP)

 

      In attendance:

Parish Clerk; Sophie Glover and 6 members of the public.

Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson. (CB)

 

The meeting started at 7pm with 10 minutes for the public to speak

 

  Actions
1.0

 

 

Apologies for absence:   Cllr. Steve Williams (SW) Cllr. Peter Clegg (PC)

The Chair welcomed everyone to the Meeting.

Open Session with Public

One parishioner commented on the road past Hillcrest and the speed of the traffic there– it is not getting any better. There was another accident yesterday with a car ending up in their hedge. The Chair agreed that the problem had reached an unacceptable level. He explained that an agreement had been reached with the Council that a TRO would be progressed to limit traffic to local traffic, which would reduce traffic quantities and hopefully generate safer driving. The agreement (by exchange of correspondence and meetings) had however been linked to the construction of the SLR, which has been delayed for various reasons and is under review. The Chair said he would consult with the traffic engineer employed by the PC to assist in negotiations with HC and try to get the agreement brought forward, despite the delay in the SLR.

The chair asked for members of the public to work with Angie Gibbs, who was also present, to assemble a list of accidents so that the PC have evidence to take to the Police and Highway authority.   Another parishioner supported what had been said, they thought that Speeding through Callow had been a problem for years, and currently with Tram Inn Lane closed it was worse than ever.

It was also commented that lorries are still using the layby outside the garages on the Callow to unload their cars, with 2 of them parked there yesterday afternoon, blocking the visibility for those trying to come out of Knockerhill completely.  The Chair advised that this ongoing problem,  plus obstruction of visibility splays at the Knockerhill /A49 junction  by  cars for sale on the Suzuki forecourt,  had been reported again to the police liaison officer. The Chair will expedite action by contacting the officer again.

AP will continue to chase this up with the police.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AP

2.0 Declarations of Interest

There were declarations for Cllr Priddle, Cllr. Sharp and Cllr Hardy regarding any matters relating to the Southern Link Road planning application number 151314.

Grafton Lane residents added their declarations regarding any matters relating to New House Farm planning applications. These are Cllr Hardy, Cllr Williams

 

 

 

 

3.0 Co-option of councillors

There is one outstanding position for a Callow Cllr, but AP reminded the meeting that there was no representation from across the A49.

Cllrs were asked if this should be a focus for the November meeting and it was resolved to try to ensure that any possible people for co-option were invited to join the next PC meeting. Interested parties should be asked to submit a brief CV and resume to the Clerk (for circulation) of the contribution they might make if co-opted as Parish Councillors, so this may be circulated to existing Councillors well in advance of the next meeting.

 

 

Cllrs and clerk to make

approaches

4.0 To Adopt Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held in September 2020 via Zoom

The minutes of the meeting were signed as a true and correct record of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held on the 3rd September 2020, via Zoom.  All agreed. Including change to 9.0 Speeding in the Parish: ‘a speed restriction’ changed to ‘restricting HGV’s, plus parking restrictions in Knocker Hill Lane’.

The minutes from the extraordinary meeting will be circulated shortly by PC.

 

 

Clerk

4.0 Action points from previous meetings

– Removal of signs has been done, although they have left the sand bags for supporting in the ditches.

– TP and PC to contact Rail Track.: this has been done, but as yet no response.

– PC to draw up a response for land North and South of Grafton Lane

– Changes to the planning system; clerk had circulated a video outlining the main changes.  AP suggested creating a working party to look further into this, and all agreed with this way forward. CB was asked if she would join this group, and she agreed to try.

– Drainage Grant: we had missed this round of the grant, but there should be a second tranch in the near future.  Sandy Sharp had supplied a plan illustrating the area in Haywood Lane near Roman Byre that need better drainage.

 

 

Clerk to chase

 

AP to action

5.0 To Receive Reports from:

Ward Councillor:

Ward Cllr Christy Bolderson said about the planning white paper: it is a consultation document, so it is quite light on detail.  She suggested that a PC response to the White Paper would be helpful.

Replacing the CIL was one of the propositions (applying to sites of more than 30 properties instead of the current 10), which is  not encouraged in Herefordshire as we don’t have many big developments.

Transport Strategy review:- is still delayed, so no update on this yet.

Report will be sent to the clerk following this meeting, she will circulate.

She reminded all that with Tram Inn Lane being closed the traffic on Haywood Lane would be particularly bad whilst it is shut.

She advised ccing John Harrington on any traffic issues as he is the cabinet member for Infrastructure and Transport.

Small business recovery grant was launched today – link will be in her report.

Covid: total number of cases in Herefordshire is now over 1,000. Throughout September there is a much younger profile. 3 outbreaks in care homes.

AP: do we have any idea on the County housing target? HC has to achieve a 16,500 houses target in 5yr. It is currently achieving its target in 3.69 years. Consequently there is no need to change the Neighbourhood Plan,  because of housing targets.

PCSO:

Golden Valley Bulletins had been circulated as received.

Locality Steward:

Bulletins had been circulated with updates of works undertaken.

Clerk to find why Police and Locality Steward are not represented  at Parish Council zoom meetings.

 

Clerk to circulate her report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

6.0 Finance and policies

6.1)  To note bank balances

The account balance on 05.09.20 stood at                          £9,039.72

 

6.2) To resolve to accept payments, as per listing

To resolve to accept payments as per listing:

Mrs S Glover  (salary paid in accordance with contract)             £ 534.66

Clerks expenses                                                                                        £    50.25

HMRC (tax)                                                                                                 £ 0

Monies received:

2nd half of precept:                                                         £3,750

This is not showing on the bank balance above.

The payments were resolved to be paid unanimously.

The Chair requested that the Clerk  forwarded a  copy of her contract to SS, so that he was aware of the detail salary arrangements agreed, when advising the PC  on payments.

6.3)  New signatories for the bank accounts

Currently there are only 2 cllrs as signatories on the account, it was proposed that a further 2 people should be enlisted to become signatories, Cllrs Steve Williams and Oliver Price were suggested and approved to do this unanimously. Clerk to complete the paper work for this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

7.0 Planning Matters  –

 7.1: 202615 – Lakeside Grafton Lane: Extension and workshop

It was suggested that CHGPC submitted a comment of  ‘no objection, but the PC is concerned that the Council should place restrictions on noise  allowed from the “workshop”, bearing in mind its relationship to the neighbouring house. Perhaps consideration could be given to soundproofing and ensuring that all openings (windows and doors) face south east i.e. over applicant’s garden and not neighbouring garden.’  This was agreed by all.

_______________________________________________________________

7.2) 201454 – Merry Cottage,

The parish council is concerned that safe visibility splays cannot be achieved as per their own design and access statements. The PC also expressed considerable concern due to the size and volume of traffic that local residents know currently passes this premises from New House Farm.  Another danger the PC wishes to raise is the lack of a proper turning head on the site, despite the agent’s claim that there is a turning facility. Consequently, even if the parking is adequate and the staggered visitor times etc are adhered to, without a proper dedicated turning head, it is more than probable that some parents will reverse out of the parking area onto the lane. The Parish Council is reluctant to inhibit this admirable use for the site, but it leaves it to the planning authority to be satisfied that the traffic arrangements are safe.

 

7.3) New House Farm, Grafton Lane appeal update

The application for the mobile home was refused in June. Enforcement was unsuccessfully taken and HC appealed against the lack of response by the land owner. However, the appeal was withdrawn as it would seem that HC’s enforcement appeal had errors in it, but it is understood that it is going to be resubmitted. Clerk to ask HC when this appeal is going to be submitted.

 

Camping Site: the Parish Council wrote to the CMC querying whether they had inspected the site – they have not as yet responded. Clerk to request response.

_______________________________________________________________

7.4) Reconsultation for 193042: Land North and South of

Nothing was submitted previously for this reconsultation. Clerk to ask Cllr PC to prepare a representation from the Parish Council’s  discussion at the September meeting.

7.5) To discuss any matters relating to planning at The Old Mushroom Farm. Unit 4a, site to be used for processing building materials.

The CHGPC have previously submitted comments, and it was resolved to add to these with a summary prepared by the Chair as previously circulated recently.

________________________________________________________________

Other Planning for discussion, but not to make comment on at this time.

Knockerhill entrance to the woodland: SS had done a site visit and found that the visibility was not as it should be under their planning consent.

Woodcroft: the building backing onto Haywood Lane.  Enforcement has been contacted by the clerk. Clerk to copy in all cllrs on the exchange.

Graftonbury mews: will go forward to the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

Clerk to submit comment for 7.1 and 7.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

Clerk to add to next agenda

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk to pass draft past SS and to include the photos.

 

8.0 Speeding in the parish

See open session with the public for update.

Felix Lerego was thanked for putting together the Facebook page, as this was a real help for contacting parishioners.  As described in the open session with the public, the Chair asked Angie Gibbs to help compile a list of these accidents, JH will work with her to do this and with more evidence the PC will HC to progress  serious traffic restrictions on the Parish lanes to achieve safer, quieter and less polluting  conditions.

 
9.0 Defibrillator for the Parish

Deferred to the next meeting.

OP will talk with PC prior to the meeting.
10 Parish Roads and footpaths

10.1) To put forward work for the Lengthsman  –  JH has put forward work on the foot paths.

14.3)  Foot path officer report – Jules Hardy – She commented on the FO report from Balfour Beatty.

Twyford Common: the application for permissive paths on all of their green lanes has caused some consternation amongst some parishioners. The clerk was asked to look further into it.

 

JH to put this on our face book site

Clerk

11.0 Receive agenda items for the next meeting

Planning white paper; neighbourhood plan; covid 19; defib;

 
12.0 Confirmation of date of next Meeting

The next Parish Council Meeting would be held on Tuesday 3rd November 2020 from 7.00pm via Zoom.

Website link: http://callowhaywoodpc.org.uk/

 
   
   

 

The meeting closed at 8.40 pm              

 

 

Signed: ……………………………………………Chair                      Date……………………..